Saturday, April 09, 2005

New comics 4/6

G.L.A. #1 (Dan Slott/Paul Pelletier, Marvel)
Picked this up because I enjoyed Slott's work on the first She-Hulk collection, and I like romps through obscure bits of Marvel continuity. This first issue has kind of an uneasy balance of humor and seriousness, but I liked it for the most part. I wonder at the tactic of killing off one of the team members each issue, since it seems that whatever small fanbase the characters have isn't going to be happy, but I bet that Slott has something fun and interesting in mind, so I'll see where it heads.

Y The Last Man #32 (Brian K. Vaughan/Goran Sudzuka, DC/Vertigo)
The new story arc sends Yorick and crew out on the sea, and it does feel like a new beginning getting the characters out of the U.S. I'm interested to see Vaughan's take on how the rest of the world has dealt with the plague, and of course figure out the latest mystery. Sudzuka's art is so similar to regular penciler Pia Guerra's that I barely even noticed the difference, which is nice.

No comments: