Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shark Week 2: The Revenge

Back in 2008, the first little theme project I ever did for this blog was Shark Week, in which I wrote about seven shark-related movies over the course of a week coinciding with Discovery's much-loved event of the same name. I picked that theme for a week because I didn't think there was really enough content to sustain for much longer than that, at least not without covering a bunch of redundant shark-attack B-movies that are essentially all the same. Well, three years later I decided it was a theme worth revisiting -- not all shark-attack B-movies are the same, and I found a few that seemed intriguing to write about, along with some other shark-related oddities.

So once again I'm honoring the week about actual sharks with a week about movie sharks, and since last time culminated with Jaws, this time of course will culminate with the slightly less classic Jaws 2. Posting will start later today and go through August 6; in the meantime, check out the pieces from the original Shark Week:

Shark (1969)
She Gods of Shark Reef (1958)
Deep Blue Sea (1999)
Spring Break Shark Attack (2005)
Dark Waters (1993)
Open Water (2003)
Jaws (1975)

No comments: